Emotionally Focused Counselling for Couples
Helping you Heal your Relationship Hurt
Do you keep saying to yourself?
“I don't feel valued anymore ”
"I'm so alone”
“Why can't we stop fighting?”
Everyone experiences relationship difficulties at some point in their life so you are not alone. Whether you are married, in a relationship or separated you are probably exhausted by the same painful arguments repeating themselves again and again with nothing being resolved.
You may be experiencing conflict in your relationship where anger, blame or criticism leave you feeling hurt or rejected and taken for granted by your partner.
Or maybe you are experiencing silence and a painful lack of physical or emotional closeness from your partner. You might be feeling upset and alone; too scared to say anything to your partner in case you get hurt.
Couple counselling with me can help to heal the hurt of painful relationships so you can feel secure, loved and supported once again.
If this sounds like what you are going through read on to find out how I can help you............
Couple or Marriage Counselling can help partners to stop the exhausting cycle of conflict and arguments where issues never seem to get resolved. Anger, blame and criticism can leave you feeling unsupported, insecure and lonely as you wonder how things could have got this bad.
You or your partner may cope with this conflict by withdrawing into silence or feeling resentment and anger about how you are being treated. Couple Counselling can help to break the destructive cycles of conflict so both parties can start to listen and hear one another again allowing for more healthy communication and a renewed feeling of connection and intimacy.
Instead of cycles of criticism, blame, arguing or silence, imagine being listened to and feeling that your partner really hears your worries and concerns.
I provide a safe, supportive and well structured Relationship Counselling service so that you have the opportunity to talk to one another in a new way and listen to each others' issues during the counselling sessions.
Being heard and supported by your partner is a powerful way of healing and repairing your relationship so you can be loving to each other again.
Wouldn't it feel great to be able to tell your partner what you really feel without worrying about their reaction? Giving feedback to your partner after listening to their point of view can help to reduce those reactive responses that all couples fall into at some point in their relationship.
I work with a range of couples of differing ages, backgrounds, nationalities and sexual orientation who are either married, living together, living apart or engaged.
You want to stop experiencing the following:
- the constant conflict, blaming & criticising where rows never get resolved
- the feeling of loneliness when you or your partner withdraws into silence
- dissatisfaction at a lack lustre sex life where your needs are not met
- never feeling supported or validated in the relationship
- having an affair, becoming absorbed in a job or hobby as compensation
- feeling jealous or not trusting your partner
- feeling dependent upon the other person
- feeling angry & frustrated about the relationship
If you are experiencing any of the above problems then read on to find out how couple or individual counselling can help support the changes you want to make
You want to start experiencing the following:
- clear, effective communication where you are both heard and both feel validated.
- arguments that get resolved bringing you closer together
- a feeling of closeness, connection & intimacy with your partner based on trust
- asking to have your needs met whilst listening to your partner's concerns
- a renewed level of sexual or emotional intimacy
- a new burst of energy and sense of fun
- a sharing, committed relationship where each person's dreams & goals are accepted
- greater self-esteem stemming from a love of yourself & your partner